Durable Polycarbonate Sheets by TononAUG.24,2021
Durable polycarbonate Sheets Offered by TononAUG.24,2021
Know About the Different Kinds of Roof Metal SheetsAUG.24,2021
How is Polycarbonate Sheet more beneficial than Glass?AUG.13,2021
Top Applications of Polycarbonate RoofAUG.06,2021
What Is Polycarbonate Roof Panel?AUG.05,2021
Fiberglass vs Polycarbonate Roof PanelsAUG.05,2021
Types of polycarbonate sheetAUG.04,2021
Polycarbonate Sheeting: perfect & durable sheetJUL.26,2021
What are the Features of Polycarbonate Sheet?JUL.26,2021
How to install the Polycarbonate board
Screw installation method
(1) The screw’s distance can be properly configured according to the thickness of the board. Too small or too large a spacing is not good. If the distance is too small, sometimes it will cause stress and damage due to too tight; if the distance is too large, the Polycarbonate board may be unstable. For these reasons, the following spacing is recommended:
A: The board thickness is below 3.0mm, and the distance is 10~20cm
B: The board thickness is above 3.0mm, and the spacing is 20~30cm
C: If fixed by pressing bars(Aluminum profile), the distance is 20~30cm
Note: If the PC board is directly fixed with self-tapping screws, the larger the screw distance, the less be damaged due to stress.
(2) The size of the screw hole must take into account the difference in thermal expansion and contraction of PC board in summer and winter and day night. Generally speaking, the hole diameter of screw should be 2~4mm larger than the screw diameter to reserve room for expansion
(3) When the location of the screw hole is too close to the edge of the PC board, it is very easy to cause the board to break. Generally speaking, the distance of the screw hole from the edge of the PC board is more than 2.5 times the diameter of the screw hole. For example, for a screw ‘s diameter of 4mm, the position of the screw hole should be at least 1cm away from the edge of the PC board.
(4) Do not lock the screw too tightly, otherwise it will deform and cause stress.
(5) It is best not install self-tapping screws on the PC board directly.
(6) In order to reduce the direct pressure of screws and materials, gaskets can be used to fill the space, but PVC gaskets and some rubber rings will damage the PC board and cannot be used. The recommended gasket material is EPDM, silicone rubber and neoprene .
Dry installation method
The dry type means that no sealant is used. Because sometimes it may happen that the expansion of the board exceeds the extension pole of the sealant.The advantage of the dry install system is that the sealing strip is compressed inside the bead (aluminum alloy profile), so that the plate can move freely when it expands and moves under load.
Do not use PVC sealing tape, because the plasticizer of soft PVC migrates to the surface of the board, which will cause the board to crack Suitable sealing strip materials are neoprene rubber, or EPDM, etc., and their hardness is about Shore A65.
Wet installation method
This installation is mainly used in small facilities, such as garages, station awnings, rain canopies, greenhouses and many other places where glass is replaced. When using the wet installation method, the basic requirement is that the sealing system must be able to withstand a certain amount of movement of the sheet, allowing thermal expansion without reducing the bonding force between it and the frame and sheet. It is generally recommended to use neutral silicone rubber and hollow polycarbonate board , but special attention must be paid to check the chemical properties of the sealant before use. Acidic and alkaline silicone adhesives must not be used because these curing agents will cause the sheet is cracked, especially when there is internal stress. in addition to choose the sealant, it is necessary to focus on inspection, elongation and weather resistance.
Conditions of fixing edges
Whatever of dry installation method or wet installation method, whatever of horizontal, vertical and inclined installation. The most important thing is the installation of hollow polycarbonate board’s edges. The following two points must be paid attention to:
(1) Effective space must be left in the connecting profile or inserted frame to allow the plate to expand. The linear thermal expansion coefficient of the hollow polycarbonate sheet is 7×10-5m/mk, that is, the temperature rises by 1℃, the 1m×1m panel expands 0.075mm along the length direction. The user must calculate the installation gap data according to the temperature difference of the four seasons at the project location: For example, in the northern area, the highest temperature is 40℃, the lowest temperature is -30℃, and the reserved space for installation of 1m×1m panels is 0.07×70=4.9mm
(2) The clamped part of the plate must contain at least one rib, or the meshed part of the edge of the board must be at least 20mm.
Generally speaking, the total depth of the slot formed by the profile should include a 20mm engagement plus the gap that must be reserved due to thermal expansion and deformation due to load.
The Requirements of PC board cold bending
The biggest feature of the hollow PC board is that it can be cold-bent into an arch with different bending radii along the direction of the ribs, which not only increases the lighting area, but also meets the bending requirements of architectural art design. Moreover, the load-bearing capacity is improved, which is beyond the reach of ordinary glass. In order to avoid cracks on the exposed side, the bending radius shall not be less than the following table:
Minimum radius = board thickness × 175 .This is the limit radius, not a guaranteed value.
It is recommended that the radius be controlled at more than 200 times the thickness of the board, which can better prevent the damage .
PC board sealing technology
The original tape on the Polycarbonate hollow board. It is only used for temporary protection of the edge of the board and is not resistant to aging. In the installation project, the board cut according to the project required size. After the material cutting, the end hole of the board must be sealed with special engineering tape, and the original tape shall be replaced. The special adhesive tape for installation engineering should have good weather resistance, long-term use without losing its cohesiveness and mechanical strength,
When install,sticking the tape.Pay attention to the following points;
(1) Ensure that the edges of the board are smooth.
(2) To blow all holes clean, the compressed air must be dry and free of impurities.
(3) Ensure that the tape is completely covered with profile, metal cover, and U Polycarbonate end. After installation, there should be no exposed parts.
(4) Check the tape for loss before pre-installation . If damaged, it must be replaced
PC board cleaning method
(1) When cleaning, it must be rinsed with warm water below 60°C.
(2) Neutral detergents should be used for cleaning, and The detergents that are corrosive to the PC board are not allowed.
(3) It is required to wipe gently with a soft cloth or sponge dipped with neutral liquid. Do not use coarse cloth, brushes, mops and other hard and sharp tools to cleaning.
(4) When grease, wet paint, tape marks, etc. appear on the surface, wipe it with a soft cloth and alcohol.
(5) The dirt under washing must be thoroughly rinsed with clean water.
(6) Finally, wipe the surface of the board with a clean cloth, and there should be no obvious water marks.
The unsuitable cleaning agent is alkaline solution, which will corrode the board surface. Esters, ketones, halogenated hydrocarbons and all substances that can dissolve or swell polycarbonate are prohibited.
The storage and transportation of PC board
(1) Keep indoors and never allow direct sunlight or rain
(2) Stack by hand, and the stack height should not exceed two meters. No heavy objects shall be placed on the boards, and no hard objects shall be placed between the boards.
(3) The storage room must be kept clean and dry. It is better no other chemical substances be stored at the same time.
(4) During storage, do not damage or remove the protective film.
(5) During transportation, it must be laid flat on a clean flat pallet which area larger than the board. If necessary, it should be properly tied to avoid vibration and sliding. Pay attention to protect the edge of the board from damage and keep the double-sided protective film intact.
Notes when installing PC board
(1) During installation, the construction organizer must clearly understand the text description and precautions printed on the protective film, and explain to the operator, paying special attention to which side faces sunshine. Don't install it by mistake.
(2) Before installation, do not remove the protective film, just lift the protective film about 50mm along the edge of the board. Removing the protective film immediately after installation, if you must continue to protect the board, remove the film first, and then cover it again with Protective film.
(3) The sealing material should not damage the PC board.
(4) The sealing tape should have good weather resistance and should not lose its viscosity and mechanical strength for a long time.
(5) Do not polish or clean the sun board with strong alkali, and do not wipe the surface with a hard brush
(1) Light: PC sun panels transmittance is up to 89%, with the glass phase deceased mother. UV coating board does not produce yellowing in the sunlight prolonged sun exposure, atomization, poor light transmission, opaque 10 years after the loss of only 10% the PVC wastage rate is as high as 15% to 20%, the glass fiber 12 % -20%.
(2) impact resistance: 250-300 times the impact strength of ordinary glass and 30 times that of acrylic panels of the same thickness, which is 2-20 times the toughened glass falling two meters below 3kg hammer no cracks, not broken glass 'and' ring of steel 'reputation.
(3) UV protection: PC board side coextrusion resistance to ultraviolet (UV) coating on one side and anti-condensation processing set of anti-UV, heat insulation, anti-droplet-in-one. Blocks ultraviolet rays pass through, and suitable to protect the precious works of art and exhibits it from UV damage.
(4) light weight: the proportion is only half of the glass, saving transport, unloading, installation, and the cost of the support frame.
(5) Flame: the national standard GB8624-2006 confirmed, PC sun panel B grade for the flame. PC board itself ignition point is 580 ℃, away from the fire self-extinguishing, does not produce toxic gases when burned, will not contribute to the spread of fire.
(6) can be bent: according to design cold-formed way at the site, install arched, semi-circular roof and windows. Minimum bend radius is 175 times the plate thickness, also bending.
(7) Sound insulation: PC sun panels obvious effect of noise and better sound insulation than the same thickness of glass and acrylic plate, under the conditions of the same thickness, PC sun panels, sound insulation than glass improve 5-9DB . In the international arena is the material of choice for highway noise barriers.
(8) Energy Efficiency: Xia Tianbao cool winter insulation, PC sun panels thermal conductivity (K value), even lower than ordinary glass and other plastics, insulation effect of 7% -25% higher than the same glass, PC sun panels the insulation up to 49%. So that heat loss is greatly reduced, and is used to warm the equipment building, an environmentally friendly material.
(9) temperature adaptability: PC board in -40 ℃ cold crisp occurs, does not soften at 125 ℃, mechanical, mechanical performance was no significant change in the harsh environment.
(10) Weather resistance: PC sun panels can be in the range of -40 ℃ to 120 ℃ maintain the stability of the physical indicators. Artificial weathering test of 4000 hours, yellowing, light transmittance value is only 0.6% lower.
(11) anti-condensation: outdoor temperature of 0 ° C, the indoor temperature of 23 ° C, the indoor relative humidity less than 80% of the inner surface of the material, non-condensing. Dew will be along the surface of the sheet flow away, does not drip.
(12) is simple and convenient, unlike traditional materials as bulky, widely used in China in recent years along the coast of the city.
Polycarbonate sheet Greenhouse structure
1.The size of polycarbonate greenhouse
The polycarbonate greenhouse have different dimensions in different countries . But general speaking, the span of greenhouse is 6 ~~ 12m ,The bay is about 4m Eave height is 4m.If the multi-span greenhouse by natural ventilation, use of the side windows and roof windows joint, the maximum width should be limited in 50m best is about 30m; If the multi-span greenhouse mechanically ventilation, greenhouse maximum width could expand to 60m, but the best limit in 50m.The length of greenhouse best limit within 100m, but there is no strict requirements ;
2 The main structure
Polycarbonate greenhouse main structure generally use of galvanized steel, factory production, on-site installation. Due to polycarbonate sheet is light weight, It is weak for load resistance of wind ans snow , the stability of the whole structure must be fully considered, generally need to set the vertical bracing indoor cross or second bay, in the greenhouse should consider setting up the necessary space to support the external structure as well as on the roof. Preferably oblique support oblique rod anchorage in a base to form a space force system.
The polycarbonate greenhouse main structure must have capacity to resist fresh gale, general be required to resist whole gale
The main structure 's snow load carrying capacity is determined according to the local conditions in winter. In the north, the design of snow load carrying capacity should no be less than 0.35kN / square meter.
Regarding the Anniversary running polycarbonate greenhouse, should also consider other factors such as the weight of the equipment, plant hoists and maintenance.